Thursday, May 4, 2017

AXIS AND ALLIES: "WHAT AM I DOING?" EDITION

Hey everyone!

It's been a great week!  To start we met a man on Saturday named
Kevin.  We stopped him on the street and got his number, then set an
appointment for Tuesday.  We met with him and shared the message of
the Restoration, and i felt great about how it went.  We set a
temporary baptismal date with him for the 27th, and so we will be
meeting with him tomorrow to continue teaching and growing his
testimony.

Aside from that, the work is going great all around.  I enjoy working
with my companion.  He is a pretty relaxed guy but also likes to work
here a lot.  He's not homesick (yet) and it has been going great as of
late!  I think back to how much training has helped me going forward.
Training a new missionary has the same effect as someone walking up to
you and saying "Here is a twelve volume book collection about your
weaknesses and things you could improve on that you previously were
entirely unaware of."  I've definitely felt that if not anything else,
it helped me to see what kind of a person and missionary I am and I've
been trying to apply the lessons learned from it, which has made the
last few weeks some of the most enjoyable of my mission.  It's a huge
blessing to be given that opportunity.

I memorized "The Living Christ" this week and that has been a great
activity for me.  It's nice to do things that "stretch your brain out"
a little while I have been out of school here on my mission.  But more
important has been the spirit that memorizing it has brought into my
life.  Memorizing powerful gospel passages and declarations provides
you with something to ponder about daily, which acts as a great
catalyst to having the spirit be active in your life.  I've tried
doing it with multiple things, taking passages from scriptures,
leaders of the church, and temple doctrines and ordinances.  Each one
proves to help with always filling our minds with not only good
content, but uplifting and testimony-building things as well.  I would
invite you all to memorize something new about the gospel each week,
whether it be a new scripture passage, or declarations such as the
Living Christ or The Family: A Proclamation to the World.

That's the biggest update for now!  The work is moving on and we
continue to be blessed for our efforts!  Thanks for the letters and
the support.  I love you guys!

Love,
Elder Wallentine

Ps: WE ARE TAKING OVER AFRICA.  REST IN PEACE FRANCE :,(

No comments:

Post a Comment