Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Running Returns

Hey folks!

It's been an outstanding week!  I've been loving the new area and opportunity to serve in my district and it's been, although having required adjustment, a great time.  We've been setting a bit of goals and are working towards those right now.  One goal we are pushing is trying to get five appointments with new people per week.  We've been able to schedule about six for the week so far, and have had one, but now we are hoping to actually have those appointments come through!  We've also set a goal to set a total of six baptismal dates throughout the transfer.  It is a big number for us but I hope to be able to do it.  

We had a baptism this past week!  I had arrived just when he was getting ready for baptism, and so I didn't really participate a whole lot in his teaching process, but it was still cool to see how happy he was and how much faith he has had lately in spite of troubling circumstances.  Now we're going on to the next one.

My new companion is pretty darn cool.  His name is Elder Miller and he comes from Idaho Falls.  We've been getting along pretty well and have been able to work hard along the way and so I hope that continues.  Also, he likes to run (so weird, right?) and so I finally have the chance to do that again.  That is, on the days he doesn't want to do...
AB RIPPER X™
THE MOST INTENSE ABDOMINAL WORKOUT©®™
I'm sorry you had to see that.  But yeah, he goes home at the same time I hit my year mark in July, so it's fun.  If anything at all, I am happy that I can run again.  

Lately I've been studying a bit more about one of the greatest blessings of the Restoration.  In the Old Testament, we read about the Tabernacle, as well as the construction of Solomon's temple, with mention later also of the temple of Zerubbabel.  We also have the temple of Herod from the New Testament.  We read about the tremendous blessings that they make available to the people of those times, and how happy said people were to receive greater light and knowledge through such means.  I can't help but think that there are Christians in the world who read about these blessings and ask why they aren't available to them, in this time.  
The good news, however, is that they are.  
We have temples of a God all throughout the world in this miraculous time.  God has again spoken to all of us through a Prophet of God just as He did Moses and others, and He has shown His unchanging course by commanding His people to build temples as they were in the past.  
All people have been welcomed to receive the blessings of the temple!  In order to enter in and receive its blessings, though, we must be worthy by living lives dedicated to faith in Christ.  We invite all to follow this path.  All those who have, unto making sacred covenants in the temple, have been blessed with power from God and an abundance of peace and joy in their lives for as long as they remain true and faithful.  I miss the temple, and will have to wait at least a year before being able to enter again because the Frankfurt temple is under renovation, but I am grateful that I had the chance to go through it so much before I came here.  I know without a shadow of the doubt that God is at the head of this work, and that He has shown his love to us through the making available of temple blessings once more on the earth.

Thank you guys for the letters and support!  I love you all and wish you a great week!
Elder Wallentine 


This email has been brought to you by Ab Ripper X™

No comments:

Post a Comment