Thursday, April 20, 2017

RETURNING TO (GERMAN) AMERICA

Hey folks!

This week has been eventful!  We got transfer calls this past week and I got called to a special place called Kaiserslautern, or K-Town.  It's by a pretty big U.S. Air Force base--Ive heard it's the biggest one in Germany, actually.  I'll be serving as a district leader, too, which I am very excited for!  I am hoping and praying to be able to do a good job at it, and I am very positive about this transfer.  I would like to see a few baptisms during it as possible, and it seems that we've got the potential to do it.  We will be working hard and seeing what happens.

Training was a great experience, though.  I think that there is nothing better to show us our weaknesses and strengths than that, and to have a more realistic view of ourselves as missionaries and as people.   

I would type more but we are at the church right now playing Axis and Allies with a member in the military.  I am freaking out right now.  HELP ME.

In terms of how I left Bayreuth, I am very happy with the work that we did there.  I definitely grew a lot in terms of my attitude and vision of myself as a missionary.  It was no easy time there, but it was truly a wonderful time there.  We never saw any baptisms, although we came very close to having two, but the area grew a lot and we were able to find about 300 potential investigators, as well as gain about 15-20 new investigators.  I would say that a foundation has been built!

I love you guys, though!  Keep up the fort back home for this week!  

Elder Wallentine 


Some investigators we visited before I left.  Don't worry, I have gotten a haircut since the pictures have been taken.  




No comments:

Post a Comment