Thursday, February 8, 2018

I HAVE ARRIVED AT THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM GUYS

Hey Everyone!

This has been one of the most interesting weeks of my mission! First things first, I got transferred to:

THE DARMSTADT.

I have received the wonderful assignment and opportunity to serve in Darmstadt. My first impression is that it is a powerhouse. The ward is one of the most inspiring things I've seen on my mission and its members are sweet. We are already receiving assignments and being integrated well into the missionary work. In addition to the awesome ward, this is a university city. Each bus is overflowing with milk and hon--I mean students, and the opportunities are ABUNDANT. This place is a dream come true. The best part is that I will probably finish my mission here, and I am ready to apply everything I have learned about missionary work here. We are sure to see success if we do our best. My companion, Elder Winsborrow, is fantastic and has similar high hopes for his time here. We are whitewashing the area together, so we have been extraordinarily busy trying to gain a foothold. We will see what comes!

Also, Darmstadt is the old stompin' grounds of Elder Uchtdorf: The Legend himself. This place is PERFECT.

In other news, we had some radical final days in Nuremberg. We had a lesson with a Persian man we found on the street. This man's story is baffling. He fled Iran after having been arrested twice and brutally treated because of his beliefs, and walked/swam his way to Germany. I was in a phone call with the other Nuremberg Elders when I saw him on the street, and had a strong feeling that I needed to talk with him. I (somewhat rudely lol) hung up on the Elders (later receiving their forgiveness) and talked with him briefly, made an appointment out, and got his number. At the appointment, Elder Warr called a translator, who proceeded to teach a brief rundown of the restoration. As he shared it, tears rolled down our friend's face. He said he has an adamant faith in Christ, but has been searching for further truth. He told us of the day I found him, and said that the route he took that led him to us was one he very seldom took, but received a prompting to walk down it that day, which subsequently lead him to us. He accepted a baptismal date for the 24th. 

We found in addition to that two other awesome people in the three days between transfer calls and transfers! I had a last goodbye with the Nuremberg ward, which was very sad for me. I am so happy about the work that I did there and know that I tried my hardest. The members were so good, and it is an area I will forever cherish.

On the other hand, as I adjust to my new area, I am extremely optimistic about the prospects of success to be had. We are working our shoes off our feet already and hope we can grow our area and zone in the best way we can. 

I received another powerful confirmation this week, as I bore my last testimony to my ward in Nuremberg, that the Book of Mormon and church is true. I know that Christ stands at the helm and that He guides us today in so many powerful ways. I am eternally grateful for my mission and anxiously await the miracles in my new home.

That's all, folks! How are you doin'?

Love you all!
Elder Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment