Thursday, January 18, 2018

Another Good Week

Hey everyone!

It has been another good week! Some new, cool people have been found, and some cool people have had cool appearances but have later blocked our numbers or whatever, thus being not as cool as they were originally thought out to be. But lo and behold, there remain yet cool people who also will want to meet wit us and listen, as we have ready seen.

A lot of our baptismal candidates are requiring a bit more time than we would have originally expected. It would be frustrating, but these life changes don’t just typically happen overnight, and they do have a lot to change. We just hope they all make it so they don’t miss out on the positives. 

We are entering in the last two weeks of the transfer! I think I am probably going to be transferred to my final area after this one, but we will have to see. 

We were discussing this last night, and I was thinking about it beforehand—The world will not be at peace as we proceed further in these times. We see it all around: Wars, and rumors of them, men‘s hearts failing them, calamities foretold now coming to pass politically, socially, and environmentally, and so forth. We are experiencing yet times of great prosperity, too. Many still have work and earn enough to support themselves, education is available, we have politically-fostered freedoms of speech, religion, and far more, and life, in spite of its ups and downs, is still good! Many of us feel strong. Many of the people we encounter here do as well. We have God to thank for the positives we now enjoy.

The concern here is this: Do we still find ourselves turning regularly to God, and walking in His ways? Or have we come away from that path, relying on our own wisdom and abilities?

I am so grateful for the gospel. I am grateful for it because I know good times do not always last forever. I have a feeling that the world will continue to get crazier as we go forward, and a concern of mine is leading me to question whether or not I am rooted enough in the gospel to find and prepare peace in the future. I am grateful that the gospel provides insight into this, and I know we will have all that will be necessary to spiritually survive good and bad times alike. 

This is not meant to stir up fear, or paranoia. I am not scared, but I am concerned about my future, and to some extent I hope we all are. This concern is whether I am doing all I can to grow and guard my spirit in these times, so I will be able to have a spiritually successful life, whether that involves great calamities or not. As far as I am concerned, we should all continue forward and study, get jobs, have families, and live normal lives! I am very excited to do so! As we do so, let’s keep in mind our purpose on this earth, in these latter days, and keep our eyes focused on things eternal. God will bless us incomprehensibly for doing so. I am very grateful for Christ and His restored gospel, because I have hope in being able to withstand all trials if I dedicate myself to it, and golly, I hope I can!

I love you guys!  Thank you for the letters and great support!

Elder Wallentine




No comments:

Post a Comment