Thursday, December 7, 2017

CHRISTMAS MARKET 1.0

HGEY GUYS

It has been a great week.  We have been ultra-mad levels of crazy busy and that has made it really difficult to get on the streets and find people for long periods of time at once, but we have been continuing to work with people who have been really awesome.   

But yeah, Zone Conference happened, and that was fun.  Went pretty well.  I also got to go on a few splits, which was pretty great.  Also went to MLC, which was good as usually, with fantastic food!

I was listening to Motab's version of ''I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus'', and as I was thinking about the lyrics of this song later, I felt as though we often times have these words in our hearts, in some way or another.  Every time that I think about this song, I think of it as having more of a pleading or prayerful tone, perhaps in supplication and even occasional exhaustion.  We may feel that we truly are trying our very best to be good.  However, we still make mistakes and are not perfect.  We still may do things that we perhaps will regret, and even cause pain to others at times.  To some extent or another, we all have recognized this at perhaps even multiple times in our lives.  I think, however, that we can call upon God in these times.  We can plead with and promise him in prayer, saying something along the lines of ''God, I am trying.  I am trying to be like Jesus.  I am not perfect, and I have made mistakes, but I need help.  Help me as I try to overcome these weaknesses I have.''  I think that this song has new meaning for me as I think about it as a pleading song rather than anything else.  Also, isn't the word ''trying'' great, too?  God doesn't expect us to perfectly match up to His Son today, because we simply cannot be as good as He is, but we need to try to follow His example and walk in His way, undeviating and persevering.


Christmas Markets have been awesome!  Here are some pics:








LOVE

ELDER WALLENTINE

No comments:

Post a Comment