Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hey folks!

Hey folks!

It has been a good week!  I am going to keep this lighting fast!  I will count my Facebook post this past week as my spiritual thought.  I will repost it below if anybody forgot to read it.  

We had an awesome lesson yesterday with a man named Matthias.  His wife is actually a return missionary and he is interested in joining the church at some time.  My companion, Elder Fawcett, found him going through the phone, and it turns out that he is pretty golden.  We had an awesome time teaching him and it just seems that he is a super humble guy and is ready and willing to learn the gospel and follow it.  We will definitely be excited to work with him and get him ready for baptism in the future!

Dietel came to church this week, which was also awesome!  He is doing a great job progressing!

Other than that, that is all I will share.  Thanks for reading!

Love,
Elder Wallentine

It is only fitting that on one of the darkest, spookiest times of the year, I am able to share something with you all that I have been thinking about rather often for the past while. It always takes up more space to write than I originally anticipate. Whoops!:
We may often times feel surrounded by darkness in our lives. For crying out loud, sometimes it seems as though the world is covered in it! Darkness takes many forms, among which fear, ridicule, sin, confusion, addiction, and outright evil are included. I believe we all want to remove at least most of these, perhaps even in ourselves and loved ones. But how?
We all are aware that darkness is not a tangible thing in and of itself. It is not composed of any regular material, but is instead manifested in the absence of light. If we have a dark room we want to be made bright, we don't start by scooping up the darkness with a shovel and throwing it away, because we can't. Instead, we must replace it with light by, for instance, flipping a switch. The light overpowers the darkness and seems to cause it to vanish, illuminate the room and creating a vision for us of all things in it. We are able to, through the light, see clearly.
The solution remains about the same in the other forms of darkness. We must seek out light. The more we learn actual truth, and study it in action and mind, the better we become at being able to collect light. Simply put, the more light and truth we receive, the weaker the role darkness has. A certain part of Doctrine and Covenants, section 50, puts it perfectly:
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you."
So, want to eliminate problems in your life, in the lives of others, and the world at large? Begin by discovering light and practicing true principles. Chase darkness from among you. As we seek to do so, I invite us all to find greater light and truth. That is what is contained in my message that I'm here to share! I am open to share with any and all of you. Send a message and we can find greater light together!
Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment