Thursday, November 23, 2017

Hey fam!

Hey fam!

Happy thanksgiving!  I hope you are all enjoying yourselves and are making the best of the time off you all (probably) have!  It has been a good week.  We have set a few baptismal dates with new people, but unfortunately those who have been previously showing potential for baptismal-readiness have slowed down and hesitated in their decisions. All in all, I have faith they will make a good decision concerning the matter at some point, whether it be sooner or later.  The biggest thing we can do is find more people!

We went to a toy museum today.  It was exactly what I expected. You look at toys and learn about them.  NO TOUCH THOUGH.  It was fun though.  Wouldn't go back, but it was fun.

Things have been rollin!  My companion has been awesome and is being a really good source of strength for me and the companionship.  I am grateful for his help and we have a lot of fun and laughs with each other, and it is just a great time!  Tiring, but great!  Sometimes I come home and just need to sit down and rest in silence, drawing or reading or something.  I can definitely feel myself getting more tired as I go, but I have learned that I need to keep up the pace, because if you stop, it is harder to pick things up.  It is like running a cross country race, where stopping may sound tempting when we're worn out, but will just make finishing harder if we choose to.

I am grateful for my mission, for my family who has brought me up, for the friends who have supported me, for the great influences elsewhere to which I can turn, for this gospel, and greatest of all, for Jesus Christ.  I am grateful to be able to commemorate His birth throughout the next month preceding Christmas, and for the rest of my life and mission.  I know He lives.

Have a great day!

Love,
Elder Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment