Thursday, August 24, 2017

N U R E M B E R G

HEY GUYS.

I GOT TRANSFERRED.

After another three transfers of being somewhere else, that being Kaiserslautern, I have been transferred yet again to the motherland a.k.a. Nuremberg! It is nice to be returning! Although I did not serve in Nuremberg city itself, I was in its zone earlier if you all can remember when I served in Bayreuth from December to April. Bayreuth was my favorite area because of the growth I experienced there and the amount I was able to push myself, and so let's see if Nuremberg will be able to leave a similar mark. It has been a great experience so far.  I am on a streak of 3-3-3 for transfers in my areas (4 1/2 months per area). It is a nice pattern to have, because it is long enough to get good work done, but it also doesn't allow for all that much time to develop ward relationships and friendships.  It would be neat to have an area in which I could spend 6-9 months in, and have that be my "crowning area" so to say, but hey, the Lord might have something else planned, and again, I think three transfers is still a really good interval.

Regardless, I did not feel as though I was going to be transferred from Kaiserslautern.  I thought I was certainly going to hang in there a little longer.  It was a little heartbreaking at first but I quickly got over it.  Kaiserslautern has some of the most wonderful people I have met on my mission so far, and I loved and cared about our investigators and members there.  On the other hand, the number one attraction in Kaiserslautern is the city council building, and it is only the biggest attraction because it is tall (and by tall I mean taller than the rest of the buildings in Kaiserslautern) and has a bar/cafe at the top.  So I am looking forward to having some cool p-days here in Nuremberg again.

But yeah, I get to go on splits all throughout the zone now, including Bayreuth, for which I am fairly excited! I heard Bayreuth had a long while where the work slowed down after I left, but in the past weeks it has been rising again.  They also have a baptismal date with Bravedo! That made me  E C S T A T I C  to hear that he is again interested in the church and the gospel, and I hope that we might be able to visit him again on a split or something!  But all in all, I am excited to keep an eye on Bayreuth and to work with the missionaries there, because they both seem awesome and dedicated to getting work done. The reason why the work has often times been at a halt is because there are multiple people in the city who seek to waste the missionaries' time, invite them over for even hours on end, and take advantage of them. Luckily, the current missionaries said they won't be falling into it, and I trust them, so I expect good things this transfer. 

Another interesting thing about this transfer is something that hasn't happened since the MTC: There will be four Elders living in this apartment instead of two. It is certainly going to be interesting to see the dynamic with everything. I think that it is good that there is an increasing number of missionaries in cities like Nuremberg, because I think that way our efforts can be used in the best ways possible.

In other news, when I got transferred, the mission office put me on a path that took me through Stuttgart, which was cool. I had an hour long delay there, so I had Burger King and waited.  Other than that, transfers went smoothly.  I talked to some cool people as I was going to my new area, including a girl that I had about a 20 minute long conversation with in Stuttgart. Unfortunately, it didn't seem that any of the people had interest to learn more of the church through missionaries, but they were introduced to it! Also, my suitcases are getting progressively heavier and burdensome, so I am excited to see how it will all look when I go home someday lol.

Lastly, I said goodbye to Elder Crossley after two transfers, and it was a lot of fun to work together with him.  I can honestly say that we did our best to be exactly obedient and diligent in all we did. It was a wonderful companionship. My companion's name now is Elder Fawcett, who is two transfers older than me and seems to be an awesome Elder! We are having a good time and working hard right now and I am excited for this transfer.

That is all I have for you guys! Keep up the good life!


Elder Wallentine 






There is not a single one of these pictures that does not scream purely "awkward":








 T H I R D.  W H E E L.  (AND RIGHTLY SO)




Remember friends, as a missionary the standard distance between you and a person of the opposite sex is MINIMUM 15 BOOK OF MORMON LENGTHS.








No comments:

Post a Comment