Thursday, August 31, 2017

BISSCHEN RUSSISCH

Hey guys!  

It has been a good week!  I went on a few awesome splits, one with a pretty new Elder, Elder Christensen, and one with the Assistant, Elder Hughes.  Both splits went really well, and I was impressed by the abilities and enthusiasm of both.  We have been teaching a decent amount but hope to definitely be doing more of that.  We got a lot of appointments set up for the remainder of this week, though, and so I am optimistic and confident that we can be hitting some goals that we set.  As a district, we decided we were going to try and get six baptisms this transfer.  That is a big goal for us, certainly, but I know we can hit it.  I will be super happy if we do, but I think the biggest thing is that we do the work worthy of those and then be satisfied with our efforts and learn from it.

We taught a few interesting people this past week.  Some people seem to be wanting to quarrel about the gospel rather than learn it, so there are a few we won't be meeting with further.  On the other hand, a few of these people are actually ready and prepared and I hope to be able to see progress with them in the future.

I learned a little Russian in my "free time" in the evenings before bed this last week, just because there is a pretty good amount of Russians in the Nuremberg zone as I noticed when I was in Bayreuth.  I just learned a few phrases as well as most of the alphabetical pronunciations as well, and we actually got a potential investigator through that!  I told some Russians in broken language that "God is our father, and we are His children" and they freaked out and wanted to meet with us after I explained further, in German though, that we were there to share a message.  We had a really, really good lesson with them, and I totally thought we could have invited them to baptism, but at the end they said they did not have any more interest in learning more, and after discussing, explained that there was no way they would read the Book of Mormon or set another appointment any further than "we will see what happens".  I will probably hold off on learning another language, though, until I can get permission from President, and actually be fluent/ish with German.  It is nice to have a few phrases up your sleeve from other languages though, because people tend to freak out and I think it is a nice way to show you care.  

Бог наш Отец. Мы - дети Бога. 

Probably not even written correctly.

But yeah, other than that, we went to MLC, were in Frankfurt for the AP split, visited the courtroom in Nuremberg last Thursday on P-Day, and have been working hard as we should.

I am grateful for the chance that I have to be a missionary and to preach the glorious message of the restoration.  I find it wonderful how the simple prayer of a boy in New York has resulted in the restoration of the fulness of the gospel, the subsequent happiness and peace brought to millions, and the spreading of the gospel worldwide into the homes of Idaho, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Belgium, Japan, Albania, Germany, Russia, and many other places.  I am grateful for this gospel and hope to grow in my comprehension of how significant this truly is.  I love God and know that He watches out for all of us.  He knows us and our concerns and the heavens are once again open for us to receive answers to our questions.  We merely need to reach upward.

Elder Wallentine 


No comments:

Post a Comment