Thursday, May 18, 2017

ADVENTURE QUEST

Hey guys!

This week has been very busy.  Unfortunately, lots of appointments have been falling out lately--but hey, the fact is that we are trying.  
We've got good news and bad news in the baptismal department ( *shakes fist* ) : We finally got back in contact with KEVIN❗️again, and had an appointment scheduled, where we planned to teach him The Plan of Salvation.  However, on the day of the appointment he showed up to tell us that he had no interest in investigating any more.  I asked him to stay for one last discussion but he thanks us and walked out the door of the church.  Shoot.  But, again, what can you do other than pray and keep on going?
Aside from that, we haven't been meeting with many pre-existing investigators lately because they're all too darn busy.  But Assad remains a cool guy (see last week's letter below) and we keep meeting with all sorts of other awesome people.  For just one example, we met a super open and awesome guy from London named Kearon.  We will be meeting with him this upcoming Tuesday.
In other news, I am currently sitting in a European doctor's office awaiting a checkup.  It's nothing big right now, so don't worry.  I am not bleeding out.  But it's been years since I've visited a European doctor's office and that was quite an adventure.  I'm just so stoked to revisit the memories.  
Let's see...Life is good.  I'm not homesick after my Mother's Day Skype call, which is good.  However, I did have an odd feeling the evening and day after.  I can't describe it but I guess you could name it "homesickness" if that makes you happy.  More-so, just a "WELL, NOT GOING TO SEE MY FAMILY IN SEVEN MONTHS AND AT THAT POINT I WILL HAVE SIX MONTHS LEFT OF MY MISSION" feeling.  You know?

Here's some adventure quest photos that we got throughout the week while working: 






Have a good week guys!  I love you all and appreciate the support!  

Elder Wallentine 

No comments:

Post a Comment