Thursday, April 6, 2017

Hey guys!

Hey folks,

This has been a good week!  We continue to work hard and find people AS USUAL (I hope at least), and I am grateful to have that.  I will say that since all of our dates have fallen out, it has been hard for me to daily maintain my hope in getting a baptism while I am here in Bayreuth, but I am continuing to ask for said hope in prayer and I am sure that I will be back on my feet all the way soon.

One interesting thing that happened to us this week happened while we were heading to an appointment with a lady we met while going door to door.  We were approaching the step when I suddenly got a bad feeling in my heart, and I felt that I shouldn't ring the bell or knock.  I paused and ask my companion how he felt at the moment, and he said he felt a little unnerved too.  We said a prayer after taking a few steps back and still had a prompting not to knock.  We waited for a few minutes, visited an investigator in the area, and then left.  I don't know what would have happened had we shrugged off the prompting and knocked or rang, but I am glad we had the chance to act on the prompting had there been something that had bad intent there. 
 
General Conference was awesome!  I really enjoyed Weatherford T Clayton's talk on the Plan of Salvation, as well as President Nelson's talk on the Atonement, Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk, "the Greatest Among You", and Ronald A Rasband's "Let the Spirit Guide".  Also, I obligatorily recognize Elder Holland's talk as being good as always.

I think one of the biggest things I felt from conference is that we need to keep moving forward.  Our positions perhaps all differ on the ladder to exaltation, but regardless of where we are, we need to recognize how much we still have to improve and help others along the way.  I also felt that there was a particular emphasis on the Plan of Salvation, and simply trusting in Christ to continue progressing and becoming more like Him.  I enjoy that throughout conference weekends, we can feel uplifted through the spirit, yet simultaneously better recognize those things we need to improve on and hopefully be prompted to act to accomplish such improvement.

But yeah, those are my thoughts.  I am grateful to have prophets today who lead us and guide us.  Please, recognize that the words we hear from them come to us from God through them!  We will NEVER be lead astray from the Lord when we follow the inspired guidance to us  from God's servants.  TRY ME ON THAT GUARANTEE, I DARE YOU.  The world will try and teach us otherwise, and is actively trying to diminish the importance of prophets, but those who test the words of the prophets will find the tremendous blessings that are located in humility and faith when it comes to following the words of the Lord. 

I love you all and appreciate the support!

Love,

Elder Wallentine 

No comments:

Post a Comment