Thursday, March 23, 2017

Bayreuth Boogaloo

Hey folks!

Well, this week has been a bit of a disappointment.  We got a text Thursday morning from Bravedo, informing us that although he had enjoyed our discussions much and learned a lot, he had prayed a lot and decided that he did not want to be baptized.  That was a bit of a punch in the face to me.  We texted back asking if it would be possible to meet with him this weekend, but he never responded.  We will go by on him anyways, and perhaps a miracle could happen.  But unfortunately, it seems our remaining baptismal date has fallen through for the time being.

I feel similarly to how I felt the day Emmanuel's date got cancelled.  It really is hard sometimes to keep on going and keep things in perspective.  I think one of the hardest parts of my mission so far has been realizing that hard work in this effort, while important and even integral to our duties as servants of the Lord, still requires the agency of other people when it comes to true conversion.  I do believe that I have worked hard, as we missionaries do, to hopefully help people receive every necessary resource they need to come unto Christ--and when all is said and done, we must then wait and pray that they will choose the Lord.  Sometimes they do, other times they don't.  And if they don't, we can then take solace in the fact that we did all we could, and that there was hopefully no more that we ourselves could have done.  Perhaps this can help us to understand how the Lord and our Heavenly Father have felt as He has seen us make both good and bad decisions.  He weeps when we do bad and cause pain, but He will never obstruct our ability to choose for ourselves right or wrong.  It would be wrong for us to obstruct the agency of another, too.  Lots of people out here think that is our goal.  That is lame.  Two thumbs down.  Booooo.

But, hey, now it's time to rinse and repeat.  Tomorrow is another work day.  And the next day.  And just about each day thereafter until my time here is over.  I feel like I've been run off the road again for a little bit, but I pray to get back on it.  We're finding new potential each day and I am simply hoping we can find another person to hear us out.  Heck, we already have multiple times!  

But other than that, seriously, I would say I am doing okay.  I feel happy and at peace much of the time.  I would say I'm still loving my mission.  Homesickness hasn't troubled me much, or really at all, since the MTC still, which has been a miracle by itself.  This week has just been hard due to said situation and other feelings of stress, a bit of inadequacy and pressure from others.  But it all will pass.  I am doing what I can.  I am glad that if no one else does, the Lord sees what we are doing and I think I am proud of our efforts here.

We've gotten a pair of new investigators this week!  One is Suzan, the other is Adam.  They are both pretty cool, it seems, and I will give updates on the investigators we have once they start progressing more.

In other news, the children of Israel are getting slapped around for being punks in Numbers right now.  

Have you guys seen the new First Vision video, by the way?  I think it may be my favorite one, in a lot of categories at least.  Check it out!:

Anywho, that's all I feel like writing this week.  I hope we can get back on track.  I am hoping that this serves to be yet another testimony-building time for me here on my mission.  I love you all!

Love,

Elder Wallentine 


No comments:

Post a Comment