Monday, January 2, 2017

Bayreuth Blizzard Blitz

Hey folks!  I'm going to try to not make this email long-winded!

This week was great!  We continue to lack a little in lessons.  Actually, in most of our key indicators, we have been continuing to lacking.  But we have added to the foundation for them and I have great hopes for this week.  We worked really hard to get potentials this week and got the most we have gotten so far, getting fifteen new ones!  We will be making lots of calls in the next few days trying to get things scheduled.  We have started already and have a good amount of lessons planned to occur for this week.  I really hope all works well!

We are going to adjust a few things this week to hit a new goal we set.  We are planning on getting TWENTY Potential Investigators.  That's more that we've gotten in any week so far but I think we can do it if we seek guidance from the Lord and really push ourselves to talk to everyone.  I really think we can do it!  

My simple request for you guys is to pray for us this week, that we will be lead to those who will accept our message, and/or that people will be lead to us.  We're going to hit the streets, busses, trains, ANYTHING, to get it done and I'd love for your help along the way!

Also, we told our District Leader, who is in a U.S. military base area, about our goal and he said if we hit it he will give us American food.  Hooray for extrinsic rewards!

Today is officially the first good snow fall I've had in Germany!  Ich freue mich darauf!

Other than that, things are going smoothly.  The work will be picking up, and I am loving it.  It's been a hard few weeks still but I would say I feel that it has also generated the most growth for me so far.  The language is going well.  Some days I feel like I can't do squat with it but most of the time I am happy with the progress.  I have been hitting all the grammar principles hard these last three weeks and am almost finished with a German textbook for it.  Learning all sorts of interesting stuff like SUBJUNCTIVE II (Speaking hypothetically with "would be" "would have" "would do" etc etc etc), SUBJUNCTIVE I (A much less useful section that is only used in the German Press as a way of unbiasedly of biasedly reporting events and quotes), PASSIVE VOICE, AND SO FORTH.  I am willing to bet you are all so enthralled by this.

I finished Alma and started Helaman this week, as well as began a new reading of the Doctrine and Covenants which I will be using about all of my lunch and dinner time with for the next little while.  I read a particularly chilling verse, at the end of Alma 47.  This speaks of the dissenters, may I particularly single out the disturbingly diabolical Amalickiah among them, of the righteous Nephites, who went and abandoned their faith and people to defect to the wicked Lamanite civilization.  It reads:

36 Now these dissenters, having the same instruction and the same information of the Nephites, yea, having been instructed in the same knowledge of the Lord, nevertheless, it is strange to relate, not long after their dissensions they became more hardened and impenitent, and more wild, wicked and ferocious than the Lamanites--drinking in with the traditions of the Lamanites; giving way to indolence, and all manner of lasciviousness; yea, entirely forgetting the Lord their God.

As partakers of the gospel in these last times, we are so blessed!  Never before have people been able to access so much gospel knowledge through the combination of multiple scriptural volumes, living prophets who receive modern revelation and guidance for us, holy Priesthood ordinances, and a plethora of things to follow!  We have been blessed with these things to strengthen us in these times.  Likewise, we must remember, with great power and knowledge comes great responsibility.  We are, though able to feast of the gospel through our current blessings, bombarded by the deceptive lies and evils of the world. If we are not careful, Satan will find a way to lead us out of our shelter, where we will be bombarded by his influences.  We must be ever vigilant if we are to stay strong and near to God in a world increasingly weakening and drifting away from him.  DO NOT suffer yourselves to tiptoe on the borders of sin and righteousness.  Regardless of how small a sin may seem, the moment we indulge is the moment the Holy Ghost leaves, and we become increasingly more susceptible to spiritual dangers following.

That's all I have to say for this week! I gotta blast now, though.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  Stay safe in the winter season.  Eat your vegetables and stay in school.  I love you all!

Love,

Elder Wallentine 


No comments:

Post a Comment