Monday, January 30, 2017

ALLLL ABOARD

Hey folks!

Transfers are this week!  I got an exciting call on Saturday morning and was informed that I will be training for the next two transfers.  I am PUMPED.  I will be heading down to Frankfurt tomorrow and staying overnight, then returning Wednesday to Bayreuth, and then WE ARE GOING TO GET TO WORK.  

We've had continued progress with several of our baptismal investigators.  Emmanuel has accepted to live according to all the commandments that we are supposed to teach as missionaries, even though he admitted that it would be hard.  Zack, his friend, also has committed to do so.  I really think that they're promising, and hope that they will keep progressing through any potential difficulties approaching their baptisms.

We met with Bravedo and shared the Word of Wisdom with him.  He seemed on board for almost all of it, except for tea, which he thought was really weird and said he would need time to think about it.  We've been doing all we can to maintain daily contact with him in an effort to commit and prepare him for baptism. 

We couldn't meet with Favour, sadly.  She was sick and had to cancel.  We couldn't meet with Markus either because we couldn't get a hold of him until last night.  But we have an appointment scheduled with them for Wednesday and Friday respectively!  

We keep doing our best to find new potential investigators.  We continue finding about 20 each week...for this week, we got 22!  Hope to have another 30 week one of these days or weeks!

But anywho.  I continue to ask you all for your support in the forms of prayer.  Pray that our investigators can come to church, and that they will all develop testimonies of the Savior strong enough for conversion and obedience.  My heart would swell with gratitude if you did that!

I've been continuing my study of the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and New Testament.  I read a super good Romans scripture, in chapter 12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
As a missionary, I feel like I am on a roller-coaster of sorts at times.  Some days, particularly on those when I am exhausted, I have felt that perhaps the load is hard to bear over the remainder of my time.  I assume this is normal for anyone who undertakes a calling, especially in mission work, that may require long and sustained effort over a "long period of time".  But then, there is always the realization that this is for our benefit as well, because God uses our sacrifice to build us up, and bless us for the rest of our life.  And also, the realization that I am in my fifth transfer and that the time has FLOWN BY...I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve and am truly loving my mission!

Also, we have a new schedule change. My next letter will come next Thursday, and our P-Days will be on Hursdsy instead of Mondays from now on.

I openly acknowledge the typo above but refuse to fix it.


LAST PDAY WAS AWESOME, TOO. We went to Rothenburg!  Very fun.

That's all I have.

Thanks for the support you guys!  I love you all and hope all is well back home!

-Elder Wallentine 





No comments:

Post a Comment