Thursday, March 22, 2018

“How do you find peace in life?”

Walking up to an old man this week:
“How do you find peace in life?”
“Finding quiet time away from you.”

OLD MAN: 1
ELDER WALLENTINE: 0

IT HAS BEEN GOOD WEEK. LET ME TELL YOU WHY.

Last week we found nine new investigators, and that was great. We also had three at church. Two of the people who came really are progressing great. They’re from Iran, and as I have told you earlier about Iranians, they’re some of the most collectively humble people you can meet out here. They’ve been extremely receptive to the message, and are definitely on track to being baptized at some point in the next two months. Unfortunately, we can only meet once per week if that, because they’re super busy with a pretty demanding German course they’re taking. But, we will get ‘em sooner or later folks!

We were contacting yesterday and IT WAS HILARIOUS. We had bought ourselves lunch earlier that day, and we had a bunch of leftover bread. As we were contacting, we entered a park with a many, many ducks, and I began throwing whole slices of bread into the feathery hoard. The feathered demons began to play football with the bread, flying over each other as they desperately tried to secure the succulent meal for themselves, yet being continually pummeled to and fro from their hungry competitors.

As I’ve continued through the last few months, I’ve also been trying to improve my drawing skills, or have actually just been drawing as a form of stress-relief and have improved my skills by doing so! I’ll attach some pictures of what I’ve been doing. And I know you aren’t thinking this, but I have to say it anyways so I can have it on the books: No, no proselyting time was used for this. Don’t you worry, Elder Wallentine is working hard until he drops to the floor at the Boise Airport at 11 PM on June 7th, 2018.

Oh, right, I got my flight plans this week. See you soon lol.

It’s a new transfer, but Elder Winsborrow and I are staying together. He is a good guy and I don’t give him enough shoutouts in these emails. It’s been a blast serving with him. This next transfer will be only 4 weeks in contrast to the usual 6, so we may just have a split second more before splitting ways. We’ve got some good goals set for our Zone for the transfer and we intend on reaching them! The zone had three baptisms last month, which is pretty good! We are trying to keep that accelerating. 

Simply enough said, I am deeply grateful for the knowledge of God’s plan for us. When we only have an earthly perspective, life is cruel, unfair, full of mischief, and influenced heavily by evil. When we are able to look through these issues into our life with the lens of eternity, we realize that all has its place, and all that seems unfair about life shall one day be totally rectified. All of our losses, may it be losing loved ones at death’s call, being cheated or abused, mental and physical disorders that plague us and our families, or anything else, shall be made up if we are but faithful until the end. So let us therefore be faithful!

Love you folks,
Elder Wallentine

















No comments:

Post a Comment