Thursday, September 28, 2017

German Election Drive

Hey everyone!

This week has been pretty good, although just as I felt I was going to last week, I have gotten sick.  It is pretty mild though.  Nothing to lose any sleep about.  The biggest annoyance with it is that it messed me up when I was trying to give a training at zone conference this last week.  I started coughing uncontrollably at several points during it, which was pretty funny but I felt that it was sort of ruined because of it.  It's no problem though.

Here's a cool story: A few weeks ago I was on an exchange with another Elder when we contacted a lady on the street.  She didn't recognize us as missionaries for the church, but we introduced ourselves and the reason we were there, and invited her to hear a message about the gospel.  She said she had interest and gave us her number!  We didn't have contact for several weeks.  However, this past week, I was finally able to call her, and set an appointment.  We came over and met with her, and we began to teach the message of the restoration.  Here is the exchange, summed up:

"Thank you for letting us come over today.  We appreciate the time you are taking for this.  The message we have is centered on Jesus Christ.  Regardless of your belief, this will help you.  [...] It all starts with God.  Among many other ideas in the world about God, we believe that He is our Heavenly Father."
"Yes, I know this."
"Great!  Because God loves us, He gives us families."
"Yes, I know this.  I already believe it.  I have been baptized already."
"Of course, but just give us a few moments because we will explain that..."
"No, I already know your message.  I am a member of your church."
"...Really?  Do you know which church we are?  We aren't the Catholics, or the Jehovah's Witnes--." 
"Yes, I know.  You are MORMONS.  I am already a member of your church."

Anywho, that was very paraphrased, but it turns out that this woman was baptized in her home country in Africa.  She is here but since she arrived she lost contact with the church, because she couldn't find it.  She has also travelled through Finland or some other north-European country, and also ran into some Elders there by chance.  She seemed happy to meet us and find out where the church actually was, and we will be working with her in the next little while.  There are a few weird things about the situation from which I intend on finding out more, but she said she will be coming to general conference!

In other news, we got cut off in traffic by a German politician last Sunday!  Check that one off the bucket list!  It was THE Sebastian Brehm, can you believe it?  I posted photographic evidence below.  DISCLAIMER: THE CAR WAS STOPPED WHEN THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN.  I AM A RESPONSIBLE CO-DRIVER.

ALSO, A cat or squirrel must have gotten into our car hood, because...well, just look at the picture.  

That is all I have!  I appreciate the support and hope things are well back home!

Love,

Elder Wallentine 








No comments:

Post a Comment