Thursday, September 14, 2017

A small update...

Hey guys!

This week has been good!  I will probably keep this letter somewhat short if I can manage.  I do not have much to report, other than the fact that the work continues to go well.  We now have four people who have told us that they have interest in being baptized, and that they will prepare for baptism at some point at the end of September or through October, depending on the person.  They have interest we know, and now it is time to develop readiness.  I would love to see a baptism this transfer, and that will certainly be feasible.  On the other hand, I believe that the people we are meeting with will probably need a bit more time in order to develop faith and repent, which is probably more important than my cyclical six-week schedule.  We will see.

The zone is going well!  We were able to have a split this week with the Schweinfurt Elders, and I went on a split with Elder Mejia, a really cool Elder from Columbia.  We did some good work and found some good people, and had a good time.  Pretty good.

I don't know what else I should write.

We sang in church last week!  And I am just as tone-deaf after having learned German than I was before :]  But I manage not to get kicked off the stand.

Have any of you seen the movie "Monuments Men"?  Today, we got to look around the tunnels in Nuremberg where they stored much of the art that was raided and protected through World War II.  It was pretty solid and interesting to hear about.  Some good WWII history and background information there, and they played a few audio-clips in German from the leaders at that time...pretty heavy stuff.  Also, I consistently underestimate just how thoroughly Nuremberg (and other cities for that matter) was destroyed during that time.

I hope things are going well back home for everyone!  As the States continue to have weird things happening to them, with hurricanes in the south and fires in the north, I will keep you all in my prayers and wish you all the best.  Remember that I would love to hear or continue to hear from any of you, and hear about your crazy lives in the last while!

Love you guys!


Elder Wallentine







No comments:

Post a Comment