Thursday, July 6, 2017

Mission Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hey jungs, family, and friends!

WE HIT A BENCHMARK FOLKS.
WE DID IT.
TWELVE MONTHS AGO TODAY, I WOKE UP IN A SALT LAKE CITY HOTEL TO HEAD TO A LITTLE OLD PLACE CALLED THE M.T.C..

It is crazy that I hit my year mark of being a missionary today.  But, at the same time, I feel pretty normal.  I did not wake up today with some sort of supernatural power running through my veins that will never make me trunky again, or make me twice so much.  So yeah.  It is crazy to think that twelve months from now I will be back in Idaho: Das Land der Grumbeeren.

Oh man.  Time to stop thinking about home until Christmas Skype calls.

This week was crazy, though.  We went to Heidelberg for a stake missionary council with the other ward Mission Leaders and some other stake authorities to discuss how we can better work with our branches and wards here on out.  We went to Offenbach for the day on Tuesday to meet our new mission President.  He is a great man and his family is here with him, which is awesome and also a slightly different dynamic than before.  He seems to be a great man who will keep things going in the same direction upwards and I have a feeling it will be great to serve with him.  We've been teaching lots of people and, essentially, our schedule is booked out.  We have been working with our baptismal investigators and they are seeming to open up more and more.  That is neat!  We also got to talk with a baptismal candidate who will be getting baptized later this month in the Offenbach Ward, and he was stopping through Kaiserslautern and wanted to speak with us.  Actually, he lives here, so we may be working closing following his baptism to get the new convert lessons in and so forth!  

All this reminds me of the good old saying that follows: "You can lead a person to the font, but you can't make them go under and be baptized."  Our success is based on our effort to lead and guide people to it.  

Today, we are going to Heidelberg.  We came a few weeks ago but we will be returning.  Should be exciting.  Trying to save my money though, and I get the impression that it gives a lot of opportunity to spend money.  I'll have a nice look-see today.

Well, I am busy today as we travel drawing pictures for people in the zone.  I promised that if people got their numbers in on time last Sunday, they would receive a picture from me.  I'll send a picture of the results next week.  And no, no proselyting time will be put into this :)

If you guys would like to read an awesome chapter on prayer in the Book of Mormon, read Alma 31!  It provides a great contrast between set, repetitive prayers and sincere prayers from the heart.  I think we can each learn a lot each time we read!

Thanks for your support and love!  Love you!

Elder Wallentine 

The gang is all here now :,) (MTC GROUP):



No comments:

Post a Comment